Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Faves of TwentyEleven Book Awards


Earlier this year I ran a Half-Way Through the Year Book Award Thingy :)


IT"S BACK :)


I love making lists, chatting about my favourite books and pondering over my reading year of 2011 ~ So I made up some categories to nominate and share what some of my favourite books of the year were...


Over one week in December, I will be running the same event on my blog ~ and I invite anyone who wants to join in on your blog... to join in.


The Rules:
Your answers come from books you read this year
(They don't have to be limited to books that came out in 2011, obviously)


The Other Rules:
Do what you want
Skip a category, rearrange a category, smish some categories together. Create sub-categories and shout-outs...work it for you :)
Nominate multiple books for one category (when you are torn) or limit yourself to one
Challenge yourself to not use the same book more than once, or sprinkle the same books throughout half the categories...
Join in some days and forget the rest...
Whatever works for you. Have fun :) 


The Linky
Will be up each post, if you want to link up :) 


When I am Posting Mine: 
Over 5 days, Monday to Friday, the second last week of December.
(Last time it was three MASSIVE posts, this time I've divided them up a little)
You can run it whenever you like on your blog ~ or match my days :)


My Schedule:
Monday 19th: The Books 
Tuesday 20th: The Characters 
Wednesday 21st: The Scenes
Thursday 22nd: The Random
Friday 23rd: The Covers 


Buttons and Categories for Each Day:



Day One: The Books


1. favourite book read in 2011
2. most powerful book
3. brilliantly funny
4. best ache-y, heart-breaking, tear-jerker read
5. most beautiful story
6. delicious rainy day comfort read
7. adrenalin-fuelled, unputdownable award
8. the beautiful prose award
9. most atmospheric and vivid setting
10. i-so-want-to-go-there award
11. most original and imaginative
12. best under-appreciated, hidden gem book
13. i-had-no-idea-i-would-love this-so award
14. most haunting story
15. outside my comfort zone but gosh how i loved it
16. series that i’m loving
17.  always recommending this book award
18. completely awesome premise award
19.  would make the best movie
20.  want to re-read already



Day Two: The Characters



1. favourite female main character
2. favourite male main character
3. best couple <3
4. who i so want to be best friends with
5. who i fell completely in love with (new literary crush)
6. worst (best & baddest) villian
7. best character twist (who you loved then hated or vice versa)
8. best kick-arse female
9. best kick-arse male
10. broke your heart the most 11. favourite pet/animal character award
12. best YA parents award
13. favourite sibling relationship
14. favourite best friends/friendship award
15. best/worst character names
Bonus: best love triangle



Day Three: The Scenes


1. best first chapter
2. best climax
3. best ending
4. best plot twist/revelation (no spoilers!)
5. scariest/most disturbing scene
6. steamiest scene (or sweetest/sexiest kiss award)
7. best swoon-worthy moment
8. biggest nail-biting moment
9. most hilarious scene
10. most heart-breaking/tear-jerker moment

BONUS: favourite meet cute




Day Four: The Random


1. fave first sentence
2. fave book title
3. fave reading experience (ie: created a great reading memory)
4. book with the best food in it (made you so crazy-envious-hungry)
5. book with the most sensual weather (made you shiver/sweat)
6. most embarrassing book cover (feeling sheepish in public or just plain ugly)
7. can’t believe you waited this long to read the book (!)

8. book you'd give your mum/sister to read
9. book you'd give your dad/brother to read
10. book you'd like to give your past-self to read (ie, me, when I was 15)
11. book that lived up to (or superseded the hype)
12. book you stayed the latest to finish (confess!!!)
13. book you were *dying* to get your hands on the most
14. fattest brick of a book you read (by page count)
15. killer cliffhanger award



Day Five: The Covers

TEN favourite covers selected from books you read in 2011


AND that's it for now ~ :D

I'm looking forward to flicking back through all the books I read and pondering what to nominate for the categories. I'll definitely be nominating more than one for some :)

xx Nomes

31 comments:

  1. Yay! I loved doing this earlier in the year. Looking forward to making my lists :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. deffo participating this year! i'm glad you posted the q's early so it gives me plenty of time to get organized.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so much fun! i loved reading your lists earlier in the year :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. All right! I'm in, I'm reserving that week for this! :D
    I need to start thinking up the stuff and planning ahead!
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, I love it! Lots of these choices are going to be so difficult, but this time around I'm going to join in. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds awesome. We will start thinking.

    So far all we have is a list of books we have read this year (not as many as you) but we really love your rules and categories. We will add a link to your blog from our blog Small Puddles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I missed doing the halfway list but I'm definitely excited for the year-end one. :) Must start listing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these - totally doing it. Im also signed up for Top Ten 2011 which has similar/same categories taking place in the last week of December so Im going to mash them all up together and post at the same time :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so doing this. :D
    I love the colors ~

    ReplyDelete
  10. love it! will be doing this for sure, i was waiting for one of these wrap-up 'memes' to go around, i remember loving the half-year one! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love. love. love. YOU! Thanks for bring this back! I'm so excited.

    *dances*

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH wow, you did a different color scheme for each day!! I got lots of great recommendations last time around. Looking forward to this!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is daunting, Nomes. Hmmm, I'm glad you posted all the topics so I can get started early:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so in! YAY! Hopefully everything goes to plan and I'll be in, otherwise I'll do it in Jan.
    Romi.xxx LOVE THIS!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ahhh, how great! And I now can participate, too :). Thank you Nomes for coming up with all those great ideas. I am a little bit of a list fanatic (mildly put) ...

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh, fun, fun, fun! I can't wait to read them. I loved the last lot :D

    Love your little buttons too, very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Count me in! I was unable to participate first time around :( but hopefully this time I would get to share my book loved XD

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome idea, Nomes. I'm definitely in, and I'll ask Lisa if she'd like to do it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. greaat idea!!!! i'm in, but i will have to do it in january, when i'm back from my vacation in spain and in spanish, since my blog is written in my mother tongue :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. This looks awesome, I can't wait to read your lists! :) I don't know how I'll participate in this yet, but I hope to!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is so awesome! I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This sounds great!
    oh my, oh my..so many lists, so many books, I can't wait for this!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ooh looking through this, is it okay if I do the days in reverse order? :P I kind of like the idea of the books part being the grand finale :P

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is a great award-post-thing! I'm really excited to do it:D

    Racquel @ The Book Barbies
    -thank you&come again.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love making lists, too! I'm so joining in. :D

    Sarah @ Smitten over Books

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm definitely going to participate!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love your faves of 2011 awards :-) We are doing our own except in a different order. We were late in posting this because we were away but we have finally got our 'faves of 2011- the covers' posted. Here is the link <3

    http://smallpuddles.wordpress.com/2011/12/24/faves-of-twenty-eleven-the-covers/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the commenty love :)