- Pip (funky 17 year old girl)- reads Markus Zusak's The Book Thief, out in the sun on the island. Loved that :)
- Dan's a twin. I love twin stuff in books. And this is cool as his twin is a sister.
- the car crash scene is the best I have ever read, anywhere. Talk about graphic - I was wide-eyed and hit hard. Mesmerising prose. I don't think the images created in my mind will ever leave me.
- there's some freaky haunting stuff in here. Including an exorcism scene - which is creepier as it's notated factually in the light house log book.
- there's some cannibalistic stuff going down. Everyone loves a bit of cannibalism, yeah :)
- I got right inside Dan's head space - such an honest and funny and heart-felt male POV. I really love the guy. And he's having such a rough time...
Five Parts Dead is available in Australia now
Five Parts Dead @ goodreads
Five Parts Dead @ The Book Gryffin "I have oft praised Melina Marchetta for her beautifully developed characters and till I read Tim Pegler, I had thought she was alone in her ability to make me long to meet her protagonists in real life. Not only did I spend a great deal of time yearning for Tim’s characters to be real, I have spent a significant amount of time thinking about them since I closed the cover on Five Parts Dead."
Snapshot of a novel Tim Pegler's written notes - his first ideas/inspiration for the novel. This is completely awesome!
Reviews of Five Parts Dead Professionals who are so more eloquent and succinct than I and who love this book as much as I do.