Tuesday, April 12, 2011

2010 CBCA shortlists have been announced (& Notables)

I ADORE the Children's Book Council of Australia and have ferociously followed them and their recommendations since I was a youngster :)

The awards celebrate the brilliance of Aussie talent and writers and many of my all time fave Aussie YA books were once shortlisted with the CBCA.

And TODAY the shortlists were announced ~ on inkcrush I am only going to post from the Older Readers category but you can check their site for all the other Aussie categories and age groups.

On to the list... a HUGE CONGRATS to all authors who have been nominated!


Older Readers Short List 2011
AuthorTitlePublisher
Crowley, CathGraffiti MoonPan Macmillan Australia
Hartnett, SonyaThe Midnight ZooViking Books, Penguin Group (Australia)
Horniman, JoanneAbout a GirlAllen & Unwin
MacLeod, DougThe Life of a Teenage Body-SnatcherViking Books, Penguin Group (Australia)
Marchetta, MelinaThe Piper’s SonViking Books, Penguin Group (Australia)
Wood, FionaSix Impossible ThingsPan Macmillan Australia
These books are for mature readers


I have only read 4 books from the above list and ALL FOUR of them are BELOVED books of mine.



The six nominated books were narrowed down from the older readers catagory featuring 32 outstanding Australian young adult titles on their Notable Titles list.

Pretty much one of the coolest things about this list is that *most* Aussie libraries automatically add these titles to their catalogues. Including mine ~ so I'll have access to a whole new awesome batch of Aussie YA. If you're in Australia and have not checked in with your local libraries catalogue you really should check it out :)

Here's the notables list straight from the site


AuthorTitlePublisher
Abdel-Fattah, RandaNoah’s LawPan Macmillan Australia
Bavati, RobynDancing in the DarkPenguin Books, Penguin Group (Australia)
Blain, GeorgiaDark WaterRandom House Australia
Braxton-Smith, AnandaMerrowBlack Dog Books
Bursztynski, SueWolfbornWoolshed Press, Random House Australia
Burton, RebeccaBeyond EvieAngus & Robertson, HarperCollins Publisher
Buzo, LauraGood OilAllen & Unwin
Cooper, MichelleThe FitzOsbornes in ExileRandom House Australia
Cornish, DMMonster Blood Tattoo Book 3: FactotumOmnibus Books, Scholastic Books AustraliaCrowl
Crowley, CathGraffiti MoonPan Macmillan Australia
Eaton, AnthonyDaywardsUniversity of Queensland Press
Fitzpatrick, Deb90 Packets of Instant NoodlesFreemantle Press
Flanagan, JohnRanger’s Apprentice: The Emperor of Nihon-JaRandom House Australia
French, JackieOracleAngus & Robertson, HarperCollins Publishers
French, JackieA Waltz for MatildaAngus & Robertson, HarperCollins Publishers
Gardner, ScotHappy as LarryAllen & Unwin
Golds, CassandraThe Three Loves of PersimmonPenguin Books, Penguin Group (Australia)
Hall, LeanneThis is ShynessThe Text Publishing Company
Hartnett, SonyaThe Midnight ZooViking Books, Penguin Group (Australia)
Hawke, RosanneMarrying AmeeraAngus & Robertson, HarperCollins Publishers
Herrick, StevenSlice: Juicy Moments from my Impossible Life!Woolshed Press, Random House Australia
Hilton, NetteThe InnocentsWoolshed Press, Random House Australia
Horniman, JoanneAbout a GirlAllen & Unwin
MacLeod, DougThe Life of a Teenage Body-SnatcherPenguin Books, Penguin Group (Australia)
Marchetta, MelinaThe Piper’s SonPenguin Books, Penguin Group (Australia)
Matthews, PennyA Girl Like MePenguin Books, Penguin Group (Australia)
Murray, KirstyIndia DarkAllen & Unwin
Plüss, NicoleScoutPenguin Books, Penguin Group (Australia)
Pryor, MichaelThe Laws of Magic: Moment of TruthRandom House Australia
Roy, JamesAnonymity JonesWoolshed Press, Random House Australia
Westerfeld, Scott
Ill. Keith Thompson
BehemothViking Books, Penguin Group (Australia)
Wood, FionaSix Impossible ThingsPan Macmillan Australia

I have only read 12 of the above titles (out of 23) and am really looking forward to checking out a bunch of ones I haven't yet read.

What favourites of your made it on here?

Which books on here haven't you read that you're really wanting to?


(I was thrilled to see both SLICE and GOOD OIL on there ~ two other recent faves of mine)

10 comments:

  1. Congrats to all the nominated authors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, congrats nominees! Of course, still dying to read Graffiti Moon and Six Impossible THings, but I'm so glad to see The Piper's Son on that list :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am still really wanting to read Graffiti Moon and The Piper's Son. I have The Piper's Son ordered,but cannot get my hands on Graffiti Moon.

    Congrats to all the authors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like I have some reading to catch up on. I have only read 3out of the six books on the shortlist ~gasps~. Off to add some more to my forever growing wishlist.

    Thanks for sharing Nomes :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to start The Piper's Son, I got it a couple of weeks back and I haven't picked it up yet! Thanks for sharing these lists with us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still want to read Slice (I love the cover so much) and The Piper's Son. They sound so great! Congrats to all the nominees - and thanks for letting us know!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm reading the Piper's Son right now. It's not surprising it's being recognized. What a great book!

    ReplyDelete
  8. *squeeeee*

    I'm certainly going to challenge myself to read as many of these as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need to check some of those books - I've only read about three or four - :) I'm sure they'll be awesome

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was just thinking today that I need to read Graffiti Moon. I really must reposition that to the top of my list. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the commenty love :)