Wednesday, June 2, 2010

And a winner :)

I used a random number thingy and commenter #8 Angie  won! So let me know which book you'd like and I'll get some details from you :)

Oh, and some things I noticed about my top YA list
  • Australian - 6 (my top five are all Aussie authors)
  • Read when I was actually a teenager - 3
  • Part of a series - 4
  • Dystopian/post-apocalyptic - 2
  • War - 2
  • Cops as love interests - 2 (Hmmm. interesting...)
  • Hermits in them - 2 (gotta love the occasional hermit as a subplot*)
  • About amazing/tortured artists - 2 (I love the whole artist prodigy scene...)
  • Dual timelines - 2 and a half (half being the ghost story in Dreaming of Amelia.)
  • Where school is a setting - 5
  • Male authors - 1 (with a female protag)
  • Male protags - 1 (from a female author. Although Jaclyn Moriarty has 6 POV's in Finding Cassie Crazy, 3 of them guys. And multiple POV's In Amelia, lots of guys in there too.)
* I wrote a few hermit in the bush type stories when I was a teen. Heh heh. 

3 comments:

  1. Woohoo! Thanks so much Naomi. This is the first time I've ever won anything. Perseverance pays off. :) Thanks so much for doing the contest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey - I'm glad you won Angie - especially as you've never won anything!

    And I love your choice - my #1 Jellicoe Road :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. cops as love interest? pete have any interest in joining the boys in blue??? hahaha

    love ya

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the commenty love :)