So now I have to:
1) thank and link back to the person who gave you this award
2) share seven things about yourself
3) pass this along to fifteen bloggers...
Seven Things About Me:
1. Since I was a little girl I've always wanted to be an artist and write and illustrate children's books, along the way I became a Primary School teacher. Last year I decided to write a YA novel as I am always reading YA, and since then I've written two MS's but have a lot to learn. Here's one of my more recent pics: A boy and his invention - a draft for a children's book I was toying with making (the pic is a bit blurry, but if you click on it you can see it better)
2. I was married two days after I turned twenty and had three kids by the time I was twenty-four. And b/c I can - here they are:
3. Right now my husband is in Uganda (see pic below) and I am doing the single mum thing for four and half weeks. He is really into all things Social Justice and is doing some aid work and research with orphan soldiers from the LRA army (like in Blood Diamond). He is always reading world-changing poverty/social justice books while I'm reading my YA and other fiction :) Aaand - I just got off the phone from him (finally got through) and he was in a car crash today, where the vehicle rolled a few times and they landed upside down and had to crawl through the window while the radiator was leaking everywhere - all drama and explosion-y. I know (!)
4. I have never tasted: coffee, tea, mangoes, avocado, vegemite, olives, mayonnaise, sour cream, porridge (ugh!), sun-dried tomatoes, soft cheeses, white wine, salmon, chai, oh, I could go on forever... name a food and I probably haven't tried it yet :)
5. One of my first TV crushes was Macgyver. I know, I know :) I still get hacked out about it... And, I had a copy of this poster on my wall. Heheheheh.
I don't really do crushes any more...except, maybe a slight appreciation for this guy ;)
6. I am really accident-prone. I've broken my nose five times, but I think the crooked nose look kinda suits me :)
7. I go by drummergirl on Absolute Write - but I actually play the guitar :) (my husband plays the drums) but I like to think I drum to my own beat in life. haha - so corny that I'm grinning as I type it.
And, because it'd take forever, I'm just going to choose 5 fab bloggers to tag :)
1. Creative A @ Headdesk who I've beta-ed for and will totally be famous one day :)
2. Rachael @ Writer's Chasm who is a fellow Dr Who
nutter addict enthusiast.
3. Angie @ Daydream Believer - who writes the best reviews and has one of the most compelling first chapters ever :)
4. Girl Friday @ My Girl Friday who is an Aussie living in the ever-cool Melbourne and co-incidently just started watching Friday Night Lights this week (like me)
5. The lovely Jill Wheeler who I admire for her shopping abilities :) (Buying gifts, one for you, one for me style :)