Saturday, June 19, 2010

Blog Award and Seven Things About Me

So the ever-awesome Caitlin, Bri and Bailey  have all chosen me for a Blog Award! Which is super cool as my blog is only a baby (3 and a half weeks old) and I already feel very welcomed to the blogosphere. Thanks guys :) Edit: Plus again from Erin thank you thank you :)


So now I have to:



1) thank and link back to the person who gave you this award
2) share seven things about yourself
3) pass this along to fifteen bloggers... 

Seven Things About Me:

1. Since I was a little girl I've always wanted to be an artist and write and illustrate children's books, along the way I became a Primary School teacher.  Last year I decided to write a YA novel as I am always reading YA,  and since then I've written two MS's but have a lot to learn.  Here's one of my more recent pics: A boy and his invention - a draft for a children's book I was toying with making (the pic is a bit blurry, but if you click on it you can see it better)


2. I was married two days after I turned twenty and had three kids by the time I was twenty-four. And b/c I can - here they are:
           Sam                                                  

Reuben

Carissa                                  

3. Right now my husband is in Uganda (see pic below) and I am doing the single mum thing for four and half weeks. He is really into all things Social Justice and is doing some aid work and research with orphan soldiers from the LRA army (like in Blood Diamond). He is always reading world-changing poverty/social justice books while I'm reading my YA and other fiction :) Aaand - I just got off the phone from him (finally got through) and he was in a car crash today, where the vehicle rolled a few times and they landed upside down and had to crawl through the window while the radiator was leaking everywhere - all drama and explosion-y. I know (!) 


4. I have never tasted: coffee, tea, mangoes, avocado, vegemite, olives, mayonnaise, sour cream,  porridge (ugh!), sun-dried tomatoes, soft cheeses, white wine, salmon, chai, oh, I could go on forever... name a food and I probably haven't tried it yet :) 

5. One of my first TV crushes was Macgyver. I know, I know :) I still get hacked out about it... And, I had a copy of this poster on my wall.  Heheheheh.

I don't really do crushes any more...except, maybe a slight appreciation for this guy ;)
                             
6. I am really accident-prone. I've broken my nose five times, but I think the crooked nose look kinda suits me :)

7. I go by drummergirl on Absolute Write - but I actually play the guitar :) (my husband plays the drums) but I like to think I drum to my own beat in life. haha - so corny that I'm grinning as I type it. 

And, because it'd take forever, I'm just going to choose 5 fab bloggers to tag :)

1. Creative A @ Headdesk who I've beta-ed for and will totally be famous one day :)
2. Rachael @ Writer's Chasm who is a fellow Dr Who nutter addict enthusiast.
3. Angie @ Daydream Believer - who writes the best reviews and has one of the most compelling first chapters ever :)
4. Girl Friday @ My Girl Friday who is an Aussie living in the ever-cool Melbourne and co-incidently just started watching Friday Night Lights this week (like me)
5. The lovely Jill Wheeler who I admire for her shopping abilities :) (Buying gifts, one for you, one for me style :)

11 comments:

  1. Ah, thanks so much Nomes. I got this award a couple days ago too but forgot to pass it on, and how is it possible that you've never tried tea or coffee? That is just unfathomable! Actually that would make for an interesting character....walks away thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha...just realized that our daughters have the same name!! And here I thought it was uncommon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your kids are absolutely adorable! I lurve Rueben's curls.. I sort of want them. :)

    I have a crooked nose too. Broke it when I was a kid.

    I had no idea your blog was less than a month old... you certainly are making a splash!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Angie. The idea of drinking tea and coffee just doesnt appeal to me at all - and coffee - the smell (!)

    So cool your daughter has the name Carissa - it's not at all common. And it means artful and creative (which is why I first noticed it :)

    Melissa - thanks mate :) I love making friends with other crooked - nose people :) And Reuben's hair is particularly awesome, I agree :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww, thank you for the award Nomes! Very lovely of you :)

    That drawing is awesome and I love the photos of your kids - so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Julie. He only has bruises and scratches! he and his two mates were very fortunate!

    Thanks Girl Friday :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jeepers, glad he's ok! That's not exactly the kind of 'adventure' you'd like to hear about.

    I knew most of those, but I never realised you've never tried soft cheeses of white wine - you're missing out! ;)

    Ah, MacGyver..love the photo, by the way...:) And that guy you have a 'slight' appreciation for...phew!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I LOVED your illustration of the boy with his invention! Very cool. I hope you write a PB about it because I'd love to learn about the story behind this kid!

    ReplyDelete
  9. If you just started watching Friday Night Lights, I'm sure you've got a new crush on Tim Riggins - how can you not?! I love that show, the first season is seriously addictive.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the commenty love :)